Sunday, May 3, 2015

Ran 8k Today!

At least that's one good thing I can post about. My last couple of runs were 5k each but today I went 8k for the first time. I feel great! I actually felt like I could have run longer but didn’t want to overdo it and when I stopped after the cool down I was glad I had as my legs were really feeling it! They still are.

Weight-wise I don't have much good to report, unfortunately. I am starting to think it's going to take me 5 months to get through the 70s just like it did the 80s.  I just keep hovering between 77 and 79 kilos (about 170 to 175 lbs) for the last couple of months. I have been changing things up, including my intermittent fasting schedule, and I think I'm just going to have to tighten things up even further. I just can't bear the thought of not reaching goal!  People tell me I have come so far and to appreciate what I have achieved ... and I do, don't get me wrong.  But my goal is not unreasonable.  It's 68 kilos or 150 pounds ... still overweight for my height. Surely this is not out of reach!  So I will persevere my friends. I just feel like I haven't much interesting to post about while the weight stays stubbornly the same. But then I guess that's part of the journey, isn't it. That's real and honest and I'm hardly the only one who struggles with the last 20 pounds, am I?

The countdown to my trip home is truly under way. Three months will likely go by  fast! Hope you all are having a great weekend.

8 comments:

  1. I thought your intermittent fasting was getting too close to plain fasting. Literally, please do not starve yourself. Perhaps your body isn't ready to go any lower at the moment. I am worried you are going to push this too far. Please stop being so focused on an arbitrary number, and put health first. I say this with a true caring and concern for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love, I do appreciate your concern. I only did 4:3 for one week then went back to 5:2. Last week I did more of a daily eating window fast so I ate every day. I am going back to 5:2 this week with strict Dr Poon Phase 1 for the days I eat. Trust me, I don’t let myself starve. I love food too much LOL. I truly do not get hungry during fast days.

      Delete
  2. Yes - definitely focus on the positives ... your weight loss so far has been brilliant and if the last pounds take a little longer 'so be it'. The important thing is not to get stressed about it , and you are not.

    Wow, your trip home will be here before you know it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right of course, and I do try ... but sometimes it's frustrating to see no progress and I am so determined to reach goal. So when setbacks happen it used to mean giving up. Since that's no longer an option for me I just think of ways to shake things up and go harder. I don't know what else to do. But yes, I can appreciate how far I've come. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. You are doing great. The last few pounds are always slower to lose. Keep up the great work. Running 8K is a great accomplishment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caron, I'm still feeling it the next morning! Lol.

      Delete
  4. Hi Anna - you are doing awesome!!! Do you have your blog reads on facebook? The reason I ask is because I have a lady in my family that has yo-yo dieted her entire life and would never take the time to read a blog, but would if it were on facebook. Just curious as I'm sure she would find your results very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marc. No I don't link my blog to Facebook, but do have Twitter. They are generally links back to the blog in any case. But there are support groups on Facebook for those following the Dr Poon diet and you'll find a lot of inspiration and meal ideas there from lots of great people.

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!