Saturday, April 18, 2015

Ran 7K again today!

Since I ran 7K for the first time on the 31st of March, I've been running 5-6K two to three times per week. I tried for 7K again the day I got the knee pain and had to stop at 6. Then this past week I had some sudden knee pain and occasional twinges but this time in the left knee. What the heck? I was just sitting at my desk at work and the pain came suddenly when I stood up.

That was maybe three days ago and nothing since, so I got up this morning and hit the treadmill and after a five minute warm-up I ran just over 7K. I kinda felt like I could go for 8 but I don't want to push my luck. Maybe later this week I'll try for 8, we'll see. I must say I felt tired afterwards. Like I sat down to watch a movie after lunch and could easily have closed my eyes and had a nap. But I felt good and still do. Let's see how we go in the coming week.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome job!!! Knee pain? How long have you had your running shoes? If it's over 6 months you're due for new ones...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh ... It's closer to a year I'd say. I will definitely get new ones.

      Delete
  2. Well Done on your 'run' BUT watch that knee.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ... I do worry about it but am reading so many conflicting things. Running is first bad for, then good for, your knees. Running on a treadmill is better for knees due to shock absorption, but worse because of every step being the same (e.g. uneven surfaces outside have your foot land differently each time, etc.) so not sure what to think. I will start with replacing the shoes soon and see if that helps.

      Delete
  3. Yikes, be careful, girl! :: hugs ::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gwen ... I think Leigh may be right it's time for new shoes. I read knee pain can mean it's time so will try that first.

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!