Sunday, March 15, 2015

I'm in the 160s! Less than 20 lbs to goal!

I'm here, and couldn't be better! Sorry I didn't update last week, life was a bit busy, but it doesn't matter, it gets a little boring to write the same thing all the time anyway. As in "I'm still running, still doing Callanetics, still fasting twice a week but it's that week again, every four weeks where I stall or gain." But I'm back and happy to report a drop this week. I weighed in at 77.1 kg this morning which is 169.98 lbs. I'm in the 160s!! Just barely but I am! That brings my total loss to 53.2 kg / 117.29 lb. Very happy with that.

It seems surreal to say I have less than 20 pounds to go to reach goal. Wow. Can I do that in the next five months I wonder? I am going home for a visit in August this year, so it would sure be nice to be at goal then. We've been looking into airfare and it's looking like right around $1500 each at this stage. It's such a long flight from Sydney to LA, then on to Chicago (then a few hours drive as well). So we were talking to my sister-in-law yesterday who suggested we stop in Hawaii for a couple of days to break up the flight. What a lovely idea! Neither of us has ever been to Hawaii, and I really do hate that long flight. We've talked about not making this just a trip home to visit family, but also to see sights we've never seen before, travel around the country a bit, etc. So why not see Hawaii?

There is a part of me that worries about all the foods I will have access to again that I haven't had here. There is no Taco Bell here, and I can't remember the last time I had a Reuben sandwich -- those are SO GOOD.  Will I continue to fast twice a week once I'm home? I don't know - we'll see. I think whether I fast or not for those few weeks isn't as important as that I eat the right foods as much as possible. Is it realistic to think I won't try anything that has sugar or junk carbs? Maybe ... we'll see. I think a few onion rings is in order no matter what, they just don't have those in Australia (except the dehydrated formed ones you would find at Burger King, which is known as Hungry Jack's here). I really miss onion rings. But by and large I hope to stick to my new way of eating even while in America. I can always make low-carb Reuben cabbage rolls - basically Reuben filling stuffed in cabbage leaves. Wow, those sound good actually.

As for running, I haven't done so well increasing my speed this week. I haven't had as much energy for some reason. I tried both Monday and Wednesday going to 8.1 but about 20 minutes in I had to back it down to 7.8 kph. In fact on Wednesday I didn't even make the full 30 minutes, I just didn't have it in me and went back to a walk after about 23 minutes. But yesterday I did the full 30 minutes at 8.0 kph so maybe it was just a bad week. I will probably try 8.1 again this week. Hardly seems like .1 kph could make much difference, but it was my 'gain' week so maybe that had something to do with it. Alternatively I could start the 10K training -- the first day of that is 40 minutes, but you run 10 minutes, then walk one, then repeat three times. I don't know, we'll see how I feel on Monday.

The Callanetics are still working, I can feel myself getting stronger -- especially the abs. My saddlebags are shrinking slowly, my waist is smaller. I still have enough fat on my body that I can't tell if my abs are getting flatter but they sure feel stronger. It's getting much easier to do the exercises. I can curl up further on the stomach exercises, sit up straighter doing the behind exercises, and bend over much further on the waist trimmer. I can also see my legs getting slimmer, including the inner thighs. I love this workout! I use the original Callanetics from Callan Pinckney, not the newer versions.

Anyway, I've just come off a fast day and there's nothing here for breakfast, so I may have to take a walk to the store and get some eggs. Hope you all have a great weekend -- I have still been reading blogs last week even if I didn't update mine, and I'll check in with you all again soon.

4 comments:

  1. I got the 2 Callanetics tapes...I just haven't started. But I will.

    Congrats on the loss!!! You are doing so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you have a lot going on! Hope the remodelling goes smoothly and that you enjoy the tapes once you get a chance to try them.

      Delete
  2. In the 160's ....... GREAT to hear and WELL DONE.

    Eggs for breakfast sounds good to me.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! I ended up getting beef burgers instead ... worried I would break the eggs in my backpack while walking!

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!