Monday, October 27, 2014

Time to get serious

I’m here, just been very busy in the lead-up to our annual Halloween party, which was Saturday. We had a great time! I’m a bit stiff and sore from building a coffin prop over the last few days – that was a workout in itself and I am definitely not a carpenter!

I got a lot of compliments on both my new hairdo and my figure, which was really lovely; a good ego boost. There was one guest who hasn’t seen me in a year so it was a major change for him! My indulgences were limited to some nuts, devilled eggs and a bit of meat and cheese from the hors d'oeuvres platter.

My weight has been bouncing up and down a couple of kilos since my last drop just as I predicted. I haven’t been overly concerned about the slow progress because I have dropped over 100 pounds and it may take my body a while to adjust to that. Plateaus happen, they’re part of any weight loss journey and I don’t want to obsess or stress about it.  These changes to my way of eating are for life, I’m not ‘on a diet’ that I’m planning to go off of when I reach goal. There are some foods I’ll add back in slowly once I hit maintenance of course, but that’s a ways off yet.

So no, I’m not stressing over it – having said that, I am going back to strict Phase 1 for a while to see if that gets things moving again.  I’ll be having an Atkins shake with almond milk for breakfast during the week (I skip breakfast on the weekends) and will have Phase 1 meals for lunch and dinner. Now I’m not under-eating as these are decent portion sizes, but they’ll be mostly made up of foods from the unlimited list of Phase 1 with some other veggies that are allowed in limited amounts, but cutting out Phase 2 foods like tomatoes and carrots.  I am allowed small amounts of the lowest fat cheese on Phase 1, but I’m going to try to cut that out for a while as well and see how I go.

I’ve been exercising pretty regularly and I will continue to mix strength training and Callanetics with my walking / jogging mix.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Here's to the next steps! Keep going and keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I really want to keep pushing and reach my goal. I've lost and gained over the years but haven't been at a healthy weight since 1984 so I really want it now! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm back to an uber-strict phase myself. I'm about 10 lbs. from where I truly want to be, so time to kick into high gear. So I get it. We can do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We absolutely can! Here's to us rocking it! :)

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!