Here are the choices for the evening:
- Mixed Greek Dips
- Vienna Bread
- Greek Salad (traditional)
- Pan Fried Haloumi (Sheep and goats cheese)
- Flash Fried Calamari (baby calamari lightly dusted and flash fried)
- Tiropites (Fetta and Ricotta filo parcels)
- Grilled Chicken (marinated in salt, pepper and oregano)
- Saganaki Prawns (in a tomato and fetta cheese salsa)
- Spit Roast Lamb (sixteen hour slow roasted lamb shoulder)
- Baked Vegetables
What do you think? Some of those sound like they could be fairly low-carb and most are available in gluten free if you ask. Gluten free doesn't necessarily mean low carb, but it couldn't hurt to ask anyway. The bread and dips are out, not sure what's in a Greek salad. I don't eat calamari and obviously filo parcels are out. I'm thinking the last four menu items sound like my best options.
If anyone is familiar with Greek food and can identify the best low-carb options, I'd love to know if I got it right. Obviously the baked vegetables will depend on what kind of vegetables they are. Low-carb or not, I'm thinking fried cheese might be a bit too high fat to include but it does sound good.