Monday, June 30, 2014

Weigh-in ... it's been a slow month.

I know hubby would say to focus on the fact that I weigh less at the end of the month than I did at the start. It's true, I have lost weight this month but it's still the worst month since the start of my weight-loss on 19th August 2013. You get used to nice big drops in the first half of the journey and while I knew that couldn't continue indefinitely it still came as a shock how many ups and downs June would bring.

So where am I at today?  I weighed in at 86.6 kg (190.92 lb) which is down just 0.5 kg (1.1 lb) from last week, and 43.7 kg (96.34 lb) overall. Not bad for 10.5 months. But June was a horrible month with pre-menstrual weight gain starting early, then a drop when I started followed by another gain during ... it nearly drove me crazy.

88.1 kg (194.23 lb) on 31st May
86.6 kg (190.82 lb) on 30th June
-1.5 kg ( -  3.31 lb) for the month.

That's a lousy month to be sure. But I am not changing diet-wise.  This works and I gotta remain focused. I am, however, changing up my activity. This week I am going back to Turbo Jam and adding Callanetics. My heart has not been in the running in this cold weather and I have struggled to run 30 minutes for a couple of weeks now. I am not giving up as I don't want to lose the progress I have made. I ran some intervals on the weekend and beat my pace record getting 6:57 ... I think my lowest was 7:21 before. I just need to do something different for a while. I will come back to it.

So that's where I'm at. Here's to July being a much better month!

4 comments:

  1. You know if you find yourself really dreading an activity- like running, the smartest thing you can do is switch gears and try something new. I think you're so smart to switch up workouts. I do it all the time- yes, I workout 6 days a week- but I change it constantly.
    What I read in your post is someone who's embracing a lifestyle change. Not someone who says oh I might as well give up if things don't go perfectly. That's a huge victory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That is definitely how I'm looking at this. I have come too far to give up now.

      Delete
  2. Yep, it slows down and then stops. My weight loss simply stopped one day but I'm OK with that. The rest is down to me now and I've got to put in a little more effort but health is my most important goal and that is all good.

    You actually had an OK loss for the month!! Keep going, never give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda ... I remind myself that I have to tough it out now as mantenance may be even harder ... at least initially while I figure out what things I can add back into my diet without gaining again.

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!