Saturday, March 22, 2014

Weigh-in Day and a long walk

Okay we'll start with today stats: I weighed in at 95.2 kg (209.88 lb) That is a loss of .9 kg (1.98 lb) from last week and brings my total weight loss to 35.1 kg (77.38 lb). I'm happy with that, most definitely. Seriously, less than ten pounds to go before I get to Onederland? That's amazing!

I can't believe how well this plan is working for me. I'm so very grateful to Dr Poon, and of course to Leigh who inspired me to give it a try. Leigh's recipes have helped so much, and I've even shared her Lazy Cabbage Casserole with friends and colleagues. They're not necessarily dieting but always comment how good it smells when I have it for lunch and they ask for the recipe.

Anyway, I think it's important to express gratitude for the many blessings we have in our lives, which too often we take for granted. I'm grateful for this plan; for Leigh and the many others out there whose blogs inspire me every day; for my wonderful, supportive, loving husband who helps me along on this journey in so many ways; and for you, dear readers, for sharing in my joys and struggles. Some of you drop in for a comment now and then, and those are very much appreciated. Thank you!

On to today's workout. After my first real C25K full-minute interval training yesterday, I was feeling so good. I don't ever jog two days in a row, but I will often walk the next day, especially on Saturday when hubby and I take the dog and walk the lake path. He had other plans today so Buddy and I went without him, which meant I could go further. Hubby prefers to keep it around 45 minutes. Well today I walked for 1 hour and 15 minutes, traveling 7.2 kilometers. My average speed was 5.8 kilometers per hour. I also burned an incredible 536 calories on this walk. I feel great!

I'm just going to relax and enjoy my weekend. Hope you all get to do the same.

6 comments:

  1. Awwww, thanks for the mention darlin:) And thanks for being such a faithful blog reader You are awesome. You may thank Dr. Poon and I, but you are doing all the work! You are amazing woman and inspiring so many! And I love how you're giving running a try. It's not easy, but you're doing it!!!! Onward!!!!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Leigh. It is SO not easy! Lol, but after I finish each day I feel really proud that I did it. I'm not used to feeling empowered but that's what this is doing for me and I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so well Anna and I'm so pleased Leigh has helped you. When you lose all of your weight you won't need to stress about regaining it - you have the solution already from just seeing how Leigh transitioned. Time for some full length photos though I'm thinking ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda, I hope you're right I do worry about what maintenance will be like. As for the pictures I'm thinking once I get below 200.

      Delete
  4. Hi Anna ...you are doing great, and I think all too often we can forget to stop and say thank you ... to all those who help, support and give inspiration.

    But it is well done to you for starting and keeping on your path to a good healthy lifestyle.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too used to worry about maintenance because I never had succeeded before. What's the difference now? Realizing how toxic those foods are. And living the past 2 months experimenting, n=1 style, to fine tune my eating template even tighter. More on that on my return from vacation,Tuesday post. I learned much on this vacation. You are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!