Friday, March 7, 2014

Beat the rain again - 1st week done

Yup, got in my jogging interval training again today and once again I beat the rain ... it just cleared up when I started the warm-up walk, same as Wednesday.

I wouldn't say it was easier this time but I didn't have to enlist my inner coach to keep me going today. After the 8th interval I got a bit of a side ache but it wasn't too bad, and with only two more to get through I was not going to let it stop me. It eased up while walking before the 9th interval anyway, so no worries. Afterwards I once again felt great and really proud of myself for doing it. I used to be someone who had a lot of negative self-talk, and while I've come a long way since then I don't necessarily give myself much positive talk either. But I did tonight, I told myself, "You're awesome, you rock!" And you know what? I kinda feel like I do! : )

I'm supposed to rest after each training day, but from what I read that doesn't mean I can't do anything, just don't jog every day. So maybe a Turbo Jam Cardio Party on 'rest' days is a bit much but I did go for a half hour walk yesterday, and I'll probably walk the lake tomorrow as well. But I also have some strength training workouts and maybe it would be a good idea to start adding a couple of those each week. I don't want to overdo it this soon, but I feel great and want to keep working towards getting fit. We'll see.

I do think I'll stick with 30 second intervals one more week before I try to increase the jog time, and I'm not sure yet if I'll go to 45 seconds or try a full minute after that. Time will tell, we'll see what next week brings.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! But do give yourself at least one day a week of no exercise at all; it's restorative for your muscles/your body as a whole. You don't want to put so much stress on them that you injure yourself... ;)

    ReplyDelete