Wednesday, March 5, 2014

:30 intervals on my second day training

Today was day two of jogging interval training and I decided to do the next level, which was 30 second jog / 1:30 walk (x10). It was such a lovely day this morning I had no doubt I'd get it done today ... then the sky turned ugly and the rain poured down. Half an hour before I got off work it was still raining. But when the time came I changed into my gear and was out the door at 4:30. It wasn't raining but the sky was dark and rumbling.

I got to the lake and it was sprinkling a bit, very lightly, but I didn't care. I put the headphones in, trying a new trick to keep them from falling out. I wore a headband and instead of tucking the loops behind my ears I pulled them out over the top of the headband ... Still not the most comfortable being in the ear canal but they stayed in place and it'll do the trick until my new Runphones arrive. As I started the 5 minute warm-up walk, the rain had stopped but there was thunder and some lightning off in the distance so I prayed it would hold off and kept going.

When it said run I counted in my head as I'd done Monday to see how far I'd get in 30 seconds ... I got to 21 each time, so my count is at least consistent. After the first five intervals I was feeling it. By seven I was slowing down a little bit. I remember thinking for a moment I could just stop at 15 if I needed to, but then I reasoned with myself ... I said look, if you have to stop, if you really can't do it, then fine ... but if you're thinking of stopping because it's hard or you don't want to keep going, then that's not good enough. You can do this! And I did. I did all ten intervals and did the whole 30 each time. My hubby said I was being my own Commando (trainer on Aussie Biggest Loser) and I guess I was. And when I had finished I definitely felt it ... a bit winded, glad it was over ... but I felt something else, too. Proud of myself. Confident. And looking forward to doing it again Friday.

Here are my stats for today.

2 comments:

  1. You are enjoying those endorphins, and that's great! I'm very impressed! I have never had any iota of desire to run like that, but I admire those that do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo ....

    You're doing great

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete