Saturday, February 1, 2014

4 pound drop?! That makes up for last week!

Oh yeah, this sure makes up for the gain I had last week. My first gain on this plan was followed quickly by a drop the next day that already brought me below the previous week total, and I've held steady throughout the week at 101.9 kg so I was thinking I'd be lucky and see another .2 or so. Nope ... 101.1! I'll give you a screenshot off my spreadsheet so you can see the stats for yourself.


Yeah, that's 1.8 kg down this week, or just about 4 pounds. Wow! Definitely feeling better than I was last week. And I keep inching closer to the halfway mark, which will be very exciting.

There are a few milestones fast approaching. The 30 kilos lost mark is just around the corner ... and right after that getting below 100 kg will be nice. Another 2.9 pounds and I'll have completed Milestone 5 on Happy Scale, which is significant for a reason I'll share next. And of course hitting the half way point on my weight loss goal of reaching 68 kg (150 pounds).

Ok so why is the Happy Scale milestone significant? Well it initially predicted I'd reach goal this August, and as the initial weight loss slowed down that changed to September, October, November, December and even next January. Now it says December again. I checked the settings I had originally entered, and as you know my goal weight is 150 pounds though charts would probably say 130 is right for me. Well I had used 130 as my goal in Happy Scale! So I'm nearly done with Milestone 5 of reaching 130 pounds! Now despite Happy Scales predicting I'll get there around the end of the year, I know the closer I get to goal, the slower the weight loss will get. I'm just happy to know that I'm actually further along than I thought in those milestones based on my current goal of 150 pounds. :)

I'm just under 5'4" tall so 125-130 is probably a better range for me but I'll worry about that as I get closer to goal. For now, I'm so pleased!

Off to get in a walk before I go donate blood today. Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Way to go, girlie!! How awesome are YOU!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those milestones are effective way to make it seem likes it's going faster. Getting below 200 is a biggie as is each new digit of weight and for weight loss. These are short term goals and are important. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done... not long until you are under 100kg!! How cool is that? Excellent - you must be feeling so different now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!! I too am that height range and I made my goal 155. Last time I weighed that I was a size 8/10. I don't need to be a sz 2. I just want to be a comfortable size. You rock! Your one of my main reads as a few others. I am quite sure your one of many peoples main reads actually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Mrs Swan I feel the same, a happy healthy weight is my goal, where I feel normal. I will say I was 125 pounds briefly once in my life, and was a size 7. But I had crash dieted and went from 165 to 125 in just a couple of months. I did look great at that size but it was 1984 and I was 21 years old. If I tend to settle easily at 150 or even 140 and find it takes too much effort to maintain any lower, then I'll happily stay there. I know there will be effort involved in maintaining as it is, I don't want to face a permanent uphill battle for some elusive magic number.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna - Well Done.

    You must have been almost skipping along with great happiness on your walk ....

    Hope you have a great weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!