Saturday, September 7, 2013

Week three results and Burgers!

OK now I just realised I'm about a week away from that time in my cycle, when I would generally gain as much as two pounds ... so please do bear that in mind as I give you this week's results. Also it's not even been three weeks yet, as I started on a Monday, OK? So here we go. I am down over 15 pounds already! LOL. Seriously, I am so happy! Rather than rattling off the kilos and pounds for you, let me just show you the spreadsheet below. Nearly 7 kilos ... over 15 pounds! And by the way, 4.4 kg (9.7 pounds) of that was fat! Woohoo!


Can you believe a 4.4 pound loss in a week when I usually gain weight? My husband said these results look like The Biggest Loser where they get a big drop week one, a smaller one week two, then come back with another strong number in week three. LOL I don't know about that but I must say I'm going great and I love what I'm eating, but I especially love feeling satisfied and having NO cravings!

I have a daily Atkins chocolate protein shake with Blue Diamond unsweetened almond milk along with my scrambled eggs, ham and cheese brekkie. To save time and dishes I put one egg and half a cup of egg whites in a bowl and whisk lightly, then microwave for one minute. Stir and microwave 30 seconds again. Sometimes it takes a second 30 sec to be cooked but be careful not to over cook. Add some freshly ground black pepper. On a small plate I put three thin slices low-sodium ham with a couple tablespoons of Kraft LiveFree (very low fat) cheese and heat that about 45 seconds to melt the cheese. Then lay the ham and cheese on the eggs and grab a knife and fork. Then I have my shake and I don't get hungry again for hours. I have a busy job so that works for me.

Lunches are always leftovers from dinner. My favourite things to make, besides Leigh's Lazy Cabbage Casserole, which I've already shared, include beef or chicken stir fry with cauliflower "rice" and Leigh's Taco Salad, which we had tonight. It's great cuz I have it over a salad of mixed greens with a bit of Kraft LiveFree very low-fat cheese, while hubby stuffs his in tortillas with cheese and sour cream. We both loved it! I've also been having just burgers on a plate of salad, which is YUM! Fry two very lean beef burgers, top with the very low-fat cheese, and lay them on the salad. Then I add a tsp each of low-fat mayo, no-added-sugar ketchup, and yellow mustard. Delicious! Here's what it looks like.


Oh, and I'm drinking heaps of water, too, to the point that I have to get up a few times at night! But given the results I'm getting, I don't mind. So that's it for today, and here's hoping for a fabulous week four! :)

2 comments:

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!