- 2 large green capsicum (bell peppers)
- 400-450g (14-16 oz) lean beef steak, cut into strips
- 3-4 shallots (green onions) sliced
- 5-6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 56g (about 2 oz) very low-fat (less than 5%) cheese
Preheat oven to about 180C (350F). Remove stems from capsicum, slice in half and remove seeds and white membranes. Plop into boiling water for 3-4 minutes to soften. Then drain.
Meanwhile lightly oil a frying pan or grill pan and cook the steak strips, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is browned and veggies begin to soften.
Set each capsicum half in a square baking pan, open side up. Divide the meat mixture evenly between each one, then top evenly with the cheese. Pop into pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
My hubby added some chipotle aioli to his, but I enjoyed them as is. Very good! I love finding meals we can eat together, since he's not on the Dr Poon diet. I served a little salad on the side. :-)