Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday check-in

Just a quick report, I got on the scale again this morning (I really can't help myself) to find my total loss to date is 4.6 kg (10.14 lbs) so week two is looking pretty good!

Today someone brought cake in at work ... no thank you! Did I mention there is also a vending machine in the kitchen just outside my office? Yeah, not even tempted. Seriously, I feel amazing right now. It's weird ... when I was eating higher carbs I found I was immediately satisfied after eating but was hungry again within an hour or two, and regularly craved things like cookies and chocolate. Now after eating I may not feel full right away, but within 10 or 15 minutes of eating I do ... and then I'm satisfied for hours. That is so much better!

Tonight I had planned to make some chicken kebabs so I had chicken breasts and green bell peppers, zucchini and mushrooms on hand. But when the time came I thought why bother threading everything on skewers, why not just toss it in a roasting pan in the oven? I cut the chicken in chunks and tossed it in a blend of oregano, thyme, garlic and onion powder. Tossed it with the chunked veggies in the pan, drizzled with olive oil and covered the pan with foil. I baked it 30 minutes, then took the foil off and gave it another 10. It was so good!

That's all for now, I'll be back for my official weigh-in on the weekend.


2 comments:

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!