Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 7 and down 8.16 pounds!

Yes, today is day seven ... I started Dr Poon's diet last Monday but as I go back to work tomorrow, I'll be weighing in on the weekend now. So today is Sunday, nearly one week since I started and I am down 3.7 kg (8.16 lb) since Day 1. And just over half of that loss or 2.1 kg (4.6 lb) is fat! Hooray!

This coming week will be more challenging as I try to plan meals and lunches now that I go back to work. So far I have one Go-To recipe that I'll be making often, and that's Leigh's Lazy Cabbage Casserole. Yum! Hubby likes that too, which is good.

Lunch today was a big salad of lettuce, cucumber, green capsicum (bell pepper), and broccoli with a small amount of fat-free Italian dressing, and a chicken cordon bleu sandwich. Well, kind of. Lol. I had just made some grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for hubby for lunch and had planned to put some leftover chicken in with my salad when I got an idea. I had a cooked chicken breast that had been grilled with a bit of sage and onion powder yesterday, so I split it in half through the centre lengthwise and opened it like a bun. Then I put three thin slices of low-sodium ham in the middle and a sprinkle of Kraft LiveFree very low-fat cheese on top and closed the chicken breast again. Then I put it on the sandwich press long enough to warm it through. I left it cool just enough so I could cut it in half and pick each half up to eat like a sandwich. I did put a dab of mustard on it too, and it was so good!


Tonight will be a chicken stir fry with cauliflower rice, broccoli, baby bok choy, celery and green capsicum. I'll add garlic, ginger, low-sodium chicken stock and soy sauce as well. That leaves one serve of the Lazy Cabbage Casserole to take for lunch tomorrow. I'm all set! :)

I also found a carton of just egg whites at the store ... fabulous, so I won't have to waste yolks when I make omelettes or egg muffins anymore. I can use one whole egg and pour in additional egg whites only. So I'll have plenty of options going into next week. And I'll be trying another of Leigh's recipes on Wednesday ... Shepherd's Pie. I'll check in throughout the week, but won't weigh again until the weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Your chicken sammy there looks uber yummy! You will do great when your back to work! You having steady loss which is motivating in itself and you are making sure you are prepared. That is most of the battle I find. It can be hard to mentally run down the list of what is in the house with what you can eat.

    Plus you have Leigh's blog as a guide in your journey. That in itself is a faboo tool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your creativity with the chicken breast. I will have to give that a try... I have made pizza using chicken breast as a crust. delicious! Can you tell I am a bit of a pizza NUT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Mrs Swan, you're right, Leigh's blog is a great resource!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna, I love pizza too, so I'm sure I'll try that soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all sounds delicious! Congratulations on the loss thus far - that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!